Greetings Nigerians (and all other nationalities).
Just so no-one’s confused, this is an update from MPS, not about MPS. Because you’re here to hear about Teh Awesome One (TAO – my acronym for her).
She’ll fill you in soon on her status, I want to point out to you what you can do. Because I am now an itegral part of her network.
Not that I’m her lover and confidant (not that I’m not, but that’s not the point of this post) … I’m literally part of her ‘interwebs’. Consider me her 10 kilometer ethernet cable. It goes like this:
- I get her MacBook.
- I refresh all her importnat pages: blog, twitter, groups.
- I fold said MacBook, then drive to hospital.
- Then she friggs around.
- Then she hands it back. Then I drive home and set it up.
Not quite broadband speeds, but it sure beats the ransom our local ISP’s would insist on for teh wireless broadband access. Freaking Telstra/Optus price fixin’ monopoly b@astards.
But I digress …
Here’s what you can do (in reverse order of probability):
- Send a big mofo screen flat panel TV: When she gets home she’ll need one. Because of her condition. Seriously. “What part of her condition?” I hear you ask? Dunno. I haven’t made that bit up yet.
- Send a USB wireless modem: With a big mofo data plan. Cos, while I love her to bits, this driving back and forth is giving me the shits. All to keep her all ‘Web 2.0’ and blog stats and stuff. Sheesh.
- Send her your love: And best wishes. Keep posting in her comments, linking in your blogs, twittering a way like a flock of freaking hi-tech flamingoes (Do flamingoes tweet? Only if they have an iPhone™. Which is another great gift suggestion. But again, I digress …).
As you can see, I’m big on ‘bullet points’ today.
Srsly, When TAO comes home, I want her to be overwhelmed by your attention. Love, flattery, well wishes, light hearted abuse, even prayers if you are so inclined.
Off you go now, we both have stuff to do.
I have to take this laptop back to the hospital …
Love youse all,